The second Kenya AIDS Strategic Framework (KASF II) is the key policy document guiding the HIV response in the country being implemented over 5 years between 2020/21 to 2024/25. Unlike the previous Framework, the KASF II is evidence-based and has a better strategic presentation for ease of implementation. KASF II has the following five objectives:
- Reduce new HIV infections by 75%
- Reduce AIDS-related mortality by 50%
- Micro-eliminate viral hepatitis and reduce the incidence of sexually transmitted infections
- Reduce HIV related stigma and discrimination to less than 25%
- Increase domestic financing of the HIV response to 50%
These objectives lead to impact-level results. Further, KASF II has the following additional key areas which were the missed opportunities in the previous framework; STIs as a focus area under the prevention thematic area, Community-led programs, and integration of HIV in humanitarian and emergencies as per the thematic areas. The targets for the KASF II have been informed by the county plans with a well-linked result framework to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation process during the implementation period.